Monday, January 30, 2012

Introduction

Hello Readers,

Before going into a what is sure to be a riveting set of blogs I figured I would tell you a little bit about myself and the purpose of this blog. I am 31 years old, a recent graduate of the University of Alabama Huntsville, a father of two children, and currently a house husband.

The big thing about me is well, I'm big. I am just hair under 300 lbs and have gotten that way due to stress eating (thanks college) and poor nutritional choices (thanks McDonalds). Now, rather than blame other things, which is kind of what I just did, I am going to blame myself. I make choices in my life and while some of the choices where good at the time (eating way to many happy meals); I have to pay for those choices now.

I love my life and my children and have no want to leave it any time soon, plus since I coach my daughters soccer team I would also like to not look ridiculous having to show soccer moves. There is much I want to do in this world and most of those do not allow a person of my... figure to do so.

So for the foreseeable future I will be documenting my weight loss, sharing my life with my children and wife, and funny stories to break up the monotony.

I encourage readers to offer suggestions to my workouts, tips to make my blog better, and all around general advice (as long as it is positive and not simply "you suck").

Tomorrow we begin with day one.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you. I wish you every success. You are a witty, personable man and the world is definitely better off with you in it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get back on a workout kick myself...Congrats for finishing college!

    ReplyDelete