Today is day 1 of my workout and smart eating regimen. I am using my IPAD for several different things to help me. The first thing is a downloadable app called "myfitnesspal," recommended to me by a friend. This app monitors what I am eating and keeps track of my workouts. It recommends a daily calorie goal; as well as carbs, fat, protien, sugar, and sodium.
The nice thing about this app is you do not have to do the calculations for most of the stuff you eat as it has a large library of foods. If it is something that has a scan bar you can scan it with your ipad and put in the info automatically. This makes it pretty easy. Overall it seems to be a good FREE app to use.
Another thing I am using the IPAD for is watching netflix episodes while I am on the treadmill. I am going to start of with the "Biggest Loser" series. My goal is to be on the treadmill at least for 90 minutes and build up to 120 minutes. I still do not know if I am going to try this everyday or every other day yet; I guess we will see how I feel tomorrow.
I also plan to use P90X or some other type of workout tool such as the Wii or simple outdoor games and exercises. Soccer season is coming up and I would like to be reffing several games a week without passing out. I would also like to be able to outrun a 12 year old girl if the situation came up. Perhaps that is petty... I call it competitive.
The first two weeks are the hardest... so I am 1/14 the way through the hardest part. Is that a good way to look at it?
No comments:
Post a Comment