My father has come in for a few days so I was distracted and did not make my post yesterday. My fault, but also blaming my dad can be fun.
One of my apps that I use on my iPad keeps track of how many calories I eat a day. It is a nice app because I can scan in the upc code or do a search for the item. Just to humor myself I did a search for a few items that I use to eat and it is kind of startling to see how many calories are in some of these items.
McDonald's double qtr pounder with cheese - 840 Calories. (I would eat two of these for lunch)
McDonald's large fries - 460 Calories
Large Coke - 310 Calories (I would refill this once or twice if I was in the restaurant.
Jack's Biscuit and Gravy - 420 calories (I would eat two of these)
These are just a few examples. It has been nice having the calorie tracker and the recommended amount of calories needed per day. Another thing I do is slice a little bit of cheese with meals, which usually adds about 270 calories to a meal easy. It is crazy how many calories I have consumed in a day.
When I have lost weight, it will be important to remember how easy it is to consume calories when not thinking about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment