Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Weigh In and the Third Week

Last week I mentioned I was worried because typically the 2nd weigh in results in little to no lost weight. I weighed in today and discovered I dropped about 6 more lbs. Pretty good for the 2nd week and this was a week where I ate out three times. I feel I am doing pretty good so far but I know I will eventually run into that week where I don't lose or dare I say gain something.

For now my focus is trying to average a 5lb weight lose, at least until I get around 250/240lbs. This week will be similar to last week. I plan on cardio for the most part, which means the treadmill and continuing the biggest loser series. This is, unless my feet start hurting again, then I will probably try some more yoga or other training.

One of the things I have to continue to focus on is consuming at least 1200 calories a day. When trying to lose weight it can be easy think about eating less and yes that is what you are suppose to do. However, if you eat under 1200 calories a day your body can go into starvation mode and stop losing weight. That is one of the reasons people don't lose weight after the 2nd week or don't lose weight when they try to lose weight faster and faster.

The "myfitnesspal program I have has been helpful with this. While I have went under the 1200 calories a couple of times over the past two weeks I have made a stronger effort to reach that goal. There are sometimes I go well over that too, but as long I as I do not go over my calorie max (which was set by "myfitnesspal" I should still lose some weight.

I look forward to this coming up week and after 4 weigh ins I will give an overall weight loss result.

1 comment:

  1. Six more pounds, that is very good. I have tried the starvation diets and I always end up regaining the weight plus some.

    ReplyDelete